Tuesday 1 January 2013

Metamorphosis

20 minutes to 2013

Every year, many of us struggle with resolutions that we end up not fulfilling most of the time. This year, I vow not to make any because it will just frustrate me in the end. Rather, I chose to look back at the blessing I have received during the past year and teach my heart to be happy and content with what I have. I will teach myself to laugh more, cry sometimes then laugh a bit more. I also want to make a bucket list of things that I want to do or be. It is a bit different from resolutions as they are more of a promise to one-self that we so often break. At least, having a list of goals sounds more positive.

Cheers to the New Year!

This year, I want to start saving (pun intended), take more pictures, travel more and read more. As side dish, I will try to practice playing the piano more, work on my Sound Cloud and yes, try to maintain this blog regularly. Dieting? Hmm, let me think about that first.


Changdeokgung Palace in Seoul, South Korea

I would like to travel more this year. After being around a bit of UK, seeing Seoul and well almost being in Moscow, I want to see more of the world. Among the places that I want to visit include Ireland and Scotland, Paris, Barcelona, Greece, Rome, Moscow (for real), The Swiss Alps and Germany. This would be against my first plan to save up since obviously, being a traveler incurs £££. I find joy in travelling especially the fact that there is always that opportunity to take great photos and yes, collect magnets and key rings.

I have always loved the sunrise from my window.
Capturing great shots gives me a natural high way more potent than any drug you can think of. Photography for me is like painting, which I loved to do when I was younger, only now in digital and editable format. ^_^ I remember attended painting classes during summer breaks with my clothes smeared with colours and my room reeking of turpentine and oils of different sorts. Now, I do my art composition on a digital palette which will not stain my clothes nor cause havoc to my nostrils. Photography started out as my parents' hobby when I was little. All events are chronicled through family albums and framed photographs. It was just about a couple of years ago when my mom shifted from the old film camera to a DSLR which she adored like a new member of the family. As I was busy with hospital work in Manila, I did not really have the time for photo shoots. But when I started my new slate here in London, I did realise that my eye for painting can be transposed to photography. Well, I am not yet as good as my mum in terms of photo editing but I will get there soon. 

Showered in Columbia Road Flower Market


I still have a long list of books to read. My tablet's library is getting crammed up with e-books that I have barely touched. Well, if I could only have more time to spend for leisure I would have probably finished most of them. However, there are words like cleaning, grocery, laundry and shopping that makes a bookworm's life a bit more complicated.

There will always be that desire to get better every year. Career-wise I am currently content with where I am now but it would be nice to move forward too. There have been some tipping points in relationships last year but I am not promising anything about changing myself or trying to be different. What I told my higher-self this year is to be bolder about expressing my feelings but at the same time cautioning my tongue to make amends with my neurons. Like what one of the girls said during our NYE's party, I would like to grow further in the spirit and be a better and Godly person. 

TRAVEL. SHOOT. SMILE. LOVE. SAVE. BE SAVED. BE THANKFUL. BE CONTENT.

This is how my 2013 should be like.


No comments:

Post a Comment