Wednesday 16 January 2013

I Saw The Sign

The Acabitches

Because it was too cold to go out lately with the below freezing temperature, my annual leave was instantly converted to a staycation. I have a list of things I must/can do (aside from my laundry and cooking) but the weather just forced me to stay in bed longer and tuck under the sheets. Since I haven't watched a lot of movies lately, I had to review my backlog today. First on the list was Pitch Perfect.

Pitch Perfect is literally a perfect feel-good movie. It doesn't have a unique plot and very much has a predictable flow. Watching the trailer sends the moviegoer the idea that it is just another Glee-ish production. Well, unfortunately it is especially in terms of the members of the Barden Bellas which seems like a mirror-image of Glee (multiculture, multi-sized and multi-personalities) less the boys and the wheelchair. What is interesting about the movie is how the mash-ups of the songs were done. From love songs, sexually explicit to pop and rap, the movie will impress anyone with a penchant for music especially acapella.

The simple plot does not really require one to make a very complicated evaluation of this movie. It is not the type of thing that I would watch in cinemas and is probably just good to watch when you are bored or need some unwinding AT home.

NB: I watched The Perks of Being a Wallflower afterwards--deeper and more stimulating.

No comments:

Post a Comment